Monday, December 3, 2012

NDG Food Bank: 2012 Campaign

The 2012 edition of the NDG Food Bank drive was a major success. Many thanks to the large numbers of people who came out to help. It was great to see so many people - especially the youth from St. George's, Loyola, St. Ignatius, St. Philip's, and elsewhere. We were also blessed to have a dry day (albeit a bit cold!).

There were clearly more groceries this year than in the past. There are ~200 boxes/crates of food sitting in our lower Hall. Another ~150 boxes/bags were loaded on a truck this afternoon and taken directly to the NDG Food Depot.

The sad reality is that this food will last the Food Depot only a few months. But they also received many cash donations, so that will certainly help.

We didn't raise a penny for SPC today, but we together we joined hands with our neighbours to put Matthew's gospel into practise:

 "...for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me."

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment