In the days ahead, this page will serve as the hub of information from the Anglican Church of Canada for resources to help you celebrate the season of Lent through to Holy Week.
As resources are added, we will post updates on the news section (see link at the bottom of the page).
Lenten Bible Study by Bishop Terry Dance
The following study was written by the Rt. Rev. Terry Dance, Bishop of Norfolk, Diocese of Huron. Each individual section of the Lenten Bible study is listed below. Click on the links to view or download each section in PDF format.
- Journey to the Cross and Beyond
- Lent 1: The Mission Begins
- Lent 2
- Lent 3
- Lent 4
- Lent 5
- Palm Sunday: The Anti-Triumphal Entry
- The Crucifixion: Why? Why Did Jesus Die?
- The Resurrection: The End and the Beginning
- Morning and Evening Prayer for Lent 2015. Available in Word and PDF formats.
- Trial Use Propers for Lent: Ash Wednesday to Palm/Passion Sunday. Available in Word and PDF formats.
Primate’s World Relief and Development Fund Resource
The PWRDF’s 2015 Lent Resource was written by Rev. Elizabeth Steeves. We invite you to join us in these Lenten reflections that encourage thought and action on issues of food security. Click on the link below to view or download the resource in PDF format.
2015 PWRDF Lenten Resource
Society of St. John the Evangelist Resources
The SSJE has created a workbook and daily video series to help guide Christians through the five weeks of Lent beginning on Ash Wednesday, Feb. 18, 2015. Each day features a short web video that invites us to reflect upon one aspect of that week’s theme, ending with a thought-provoking question to ponder through the day and answer in the workbook.
Click here to watch the videos and download the free PDF booklet.
Source: Anglican Church of Canada