Thursday, November 19, 2015
Help St. Philip's Support the NDG Food Depot’s Annual Door-to-Door Food Drive
1. Pick-up teams. Pick-up non-perishable food items from households in NDG, Westmount and Montreal West. We need drivers with cars accompanied by two able-bodied volunteers to knock on doors and collect food and donations.
2. Traffic teams. Direct people to the correct entrance when they arrive with their bags of food.
3. Sorting teams. Sort food as it is brought to St. Philip’s. Items will then be packed into boxes for storage.
4. Storing teams. The Food Depot will be using part of our lower Hall to store food over the next several months. Volunteers are needed to fill boxes with food and stack them on pallets.
5. Feeding teams. All of this activity requires sustenance! Donations of snacks, refreshments, etc. and people to distribute it to the volunteers will be gratefully appreciated.
If you wish to help with this important mission to our community, please contact Mark Reimer (email@example.com) or look for the sign-up sheet after church on Sunday.